Please be mindful of the upcoming State of the County address by Miami-Dade County Mayor Carlos Gimenez --- Wednesday, February 26, 2016, 10:00 a.m., Milander Center for the Arts & Entertainment, 4800 Palm Avenue, Hialeah, FL 33012. Attend in person, if you can, or watch via the internet.
Like the Facebook page of Time 2 Rally - Miami, attend the Mayor’s address, and learn more about the process at Cocktails and Conversations at Wine Vault, Shops at Midtown- 3201 N. Miami Avenue, #105, Miami, FL, 6 p.m. - 8 p.m. R.S.V.P. email@example.com . The event is free and open to the public.
February Rally Plan
Miami-Dade County Budget Action Items
- Mayor’s State of the County Address – Wednesday, February 26, 2014 – 10:00 am – Milander Center for Arts and Entertainment, 4800 Palm Avenue, Hialeah, Florida 33012
- Departmental budget submissions and business plans are due to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) on February 28, 2014
- Requests are reviewed and linked to the priorities of the departmental business plans
- Department budget meeting are held with OMB to discuss service priorities and begin the process to match them with the available funding/cash. These meetings are publicly noticed.
- Attend the State of the County Address on February 26, 2014
- Briefly review the “Executive Overviews” of the business plans and funds being requested by the departments of interest for you: http://www.miamidade.gov/managementandbudget/business-plans.asp
- Stay tuned to our FB posts and notes to find out when meetings are taking place and what happened: https://www.facebook.com/Time2RallyMiami/notes
- Make the Mayor’s staff and department directors aware of your thoughts, comments, concerns and opinions: http://miamidade.gov/wps/portal/Main/departments (OMB Director – Jennifer Moon, firstname.lastname@example.org, 305-375-5143)
- Watch or speak before the County Commission committee and board meetings: http://www.miamidade.gov/govaction/agendas.asp?Action=Agendas&Oper=DisplayList
- Contact your elected County Commissioners: https://www.facebook.com/notes/time-2-rally-miami/contacts-county-commissioners/728202143865544
Understandably, to some folks, this appears to be a lot of boring reading and confusing numbers. Don’t take this lightly, if we don’t get educated and actively engaged in our government’s processes we will continue to be on the proverbial short end of the stick.