July's Financial Tip: Five Ways to Save Money in the Summer
Sunday, July 10, 2011
by Lisa Rogers-Cherry
It's summer time and the living is easy...or so they say. Here are five ways to save money during the summer months:
1. Cut your lawn yourself. Generally it rains more in the summer which means that your grass will grow faster. By cutting your own lawn you save money and get some exercise.
2. Instead of using the stove, fire up the grill outside. Invite some friends over and tell them to bring something along.
3. Lower your electricity bill by hanging your laundry outside, instead of using the clothes dryer.
4. Replace your air conditioner filters, that way your AC unit doesn't have to work as hard.
5. Instead of buying pricey drinks, try drinking water only. It's healthier and cheaper.
Lisa Rogers-Cherry is the author of Lifting the Burdens of Debt: A Helpful Guide to Getting Your Debts Paid and Your Life Back on Track (2005; $14.95). Lisa writes monthly financial tips for www.bloggingblackmiami.com and writes articles for various newpapers and magazines. If you have a question or for more information go to www.redpenpress.com, e-mail her at LisaHKDST@aol.com, or write Lisa Rogers-Cherry, Red Pen Press, P.O. Box 1196, Dania Beach, FL 33004.
Like Blogging Black Miami on Facebook. Follow us on Twitter and Instagram.
You can follow this conversation by subscribing to the comment feed for this post.