MIAMI-DADE COUNTY PUBLIC SCHOOLS
Economic Opportunity Development Officer
Salary Range: $101,335-154,000
Miami-Dade County Public Schools (M-DCPS), the fourth largest school district in the nation, is accepting applications for the position of Economic Opportunity Development Officer. This position is Responsible for facilitating, promoting and ensuring direction and leadership in the development and implementation of M-DCPS’ business growth strategy; accountable for planning, directing, and overseeing the development of new business and strategic partnerships for small and minority/women business enterprises (M/WBE) to participate in the award and performance of Board contracts.
- Delegates and communicates M-DCPS’ goals and objectives.
- Identifies and addresses development issues that challenge and support district policies for effectiveness.
- Monitor, track and certify small business and minority/women business enterprises.
- Fosters a timely and effective resolution of disruptions and/or grievances.
- Manages budgets for work plans.
- Develops relationships and partnerships in the community to create and increase M/WBE opportunity that support businesses/networks.
- Responsible for publishing accurate data relative to percentages and dollar amount of goods and services provided by minority and women-owned businesses.
- Provides maximum legally permissible opportunities for small minority/women business enterprises to participate in the award and performance of Board contracts.
- Enforces the Board’s anti-discrimination policy in the award of contracts for construction projects, procurement of goods and services and professional services.
10. Networks through seminars, trade fairs, conferences, minority/women organizations and community functions to provide outreach to minority businesses.
11. Directs business functions to achieve maximum performance and results by M/WBEs; directs improvements as appropriate.
12. Develop and implement necessary administrative procedures to fully implement programs.
13. Possess good interpersonal skills and able to work within diverse group settings.
14. Performs other duties related to general administrative responsibilities of the position.
- Master’s degree in business, administration, finance or educational field. Legal background preferred.
- Experience as a business or fiscal director or related experience.
- Experience in financing and management techniques in a large complex organization.
- Demonstrated knowledge of strategy development methods, marketing/planning concepts and project management.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written forms.
M-DCPS has implemented a web-based registration and application tool, thru E-Recruiting, for new candidates and/or current employees. Please use the following link to apply and submit required documents for this position: http://jobs.dadeschools.net/Apply.asp
Deadline to apply is January 4, 2013.