Congresswoman Frederica S. Wilson to Host Free HIV Testing Event to Observe National HIV Testing Day
MIAMI – In observance of National HIV Testing Day (NHTD), Monday, June 27, 2016, Congresswoman Frederica S. Wilson (FL-24) and other elected officials will take confidential HIV tests and encourage the public to join them in taking the test.
“Miami-Dade and Broward counties have the highest number of new HIV cases in the country.
Congresswoman Wilson sponsored several bills to boost HIV/AIDS education and awareness throughout her career in public service.
Congresswoman Wilson will take the test and deliver remarks at a press conference at 10 a.m., at Frederica Wilson and Juanita Mann Health Center, located at 2520 NW 75th Street, Miami 33147.
Free, confidential HIV testing will be available at the following locations:
1. Frederica Wilson and Juanita Mann Health Center, 2520 NW 75th Street, Miami, FL 33147
2. Borinquen Health Care Center, 3601 NE 4th Court, Miami, FL 33137
3. Center For Haitian Studies, 8260 NE 2nd Avenue, Miami, FL 33138
4. Jessie Trice Community Health Center, 4692 NW 183rd Street, Miami Gardens, FL 33055
5. Koinonia Worship Center, 4900 Hallandale Beach Boulevard, West Park, FL 33023
6. New Horizons Community Mental Health Center, 1469 NW 36th Street, Miami, FL 33142
The purpose of NHTD is to raise HIV/AIDS awareness and promote HIV testing.